The League’s initial mandate was to help new citizens of Canada – a country which is honoured as one of the best countries in which to live. Health care and education are but two of the reasons Canada is held in such high regard.
Duties of the chairperson are:
- Catholic education
- Catholic schools and catechists
- Rites of Christian Initiation
- literacy and continuing education
- scholarships and bursaries
- wellness and sickness/disease
The Executive Handbook has the complete outline and resources for this standing committee.